Development of a Multinational Personnel Selection System: Comintec
ComInTec, a worldwide leading industrial company, has just introduced the new regional management level which 25 middle management positions were expected to be filled in the Asian-Pacific-region. Therefore, the project team with Dr. Thomas Koch as a leader will be responsible for implementing the new personnel selection process. Moreover, Koenig, Dr. Thomas Koch’s boss needs him to come up with the selection system that works everywhere. However, Dr. Thomas Koch realized that each country require different strategy because of the cultural and other perspective’s differences. As a result, Dr. Thomas Koch has been attending the meeting to discuss about the …show more content…
2. Setting the same personnel selection system and use regionally.
Use the process in table 1 as the basis. However, adapt some criteria or add some specific requirements in order to fit with countries in the same region. Then, use them regionally.
1. At least, it adapts or adds something necessary specifically in each region.
2. It concerns some differences in culture differences and the differences in economic or education system. 1. It will be more complicated and difficult to set plan than the first alternative.
2. It will be more costly than the first alternative.
3. It is not consistent with the company’s objective which is to standardize all human resource selection system. 3. Setting different personnel selection system in different countries.
Also, use the process in table 1 as the basis. However, instead of adapting some criteria or adding some requirements in only regional basis, do it in each country specific need basis.
1. Since each country needs different approach concerning about the cultural difference and some other economic or education systems’ differences, this is the best alternative to respond to those needs.
2. The company will get the right person to fit the right position who are suitable in each country. 1. It is not consistent with the company’s objective which is to standardize all human