Equality and Diversity Essay
Diversity means differences and variations, within in people for example different races, beliefs, physical appearances, age, capabilities, customs and gender and class.
2. Describe the community you live in. Highlight some of the variations you may observe in terms of:
• Personal, social and cultural identities.
The community I live in is very diverse, I live among various different cultures and lifestyles ranging from lower class to upper class. My street has different age groups living here from families with young children to pensioners. There are a range of interests within my village from sports clubs to various music/ dancing groups with …show more content…
8. What is meant by having multiple identities? Give three examples in relation to people you know.
Muliple identitys is when people have more than one identity depending on who is describing them
My Mum- I would describe her as my mother, she’s a manager to her colleagues at work, and a grandmother(nannie) to my daughter
My Manager- a good friend, a wife to her husband, and a manager to me
My Sister- a sister to me, serious business woman at work, and a fun auntie to my daughter
9. What is meant by shared identity?
Shared identity is when a person has one or more characteristics in common with another person.
10. Explain and give examples of how an individual can identify themselves as belonging to a number of different groups.
Individuals may identify themselves belonging to certain groups using factors such as their personal interests, religious or cultural preferences or values for example someone who is a christain may associate themselves with a church group.
11. Describe yourself in terms of