#1 School____BLE___________________________ Date/Time__December 11, 2012___9:00________________________ Content___Math_____________________________ Teacher___J. Ousley_____________________________
1. How did the teacher initiate instruction? Was it effective? There was a bell ringer on the board that students started on as soon as they entered the classroom. Yes, this seemed to be an effective strategy for getting the class instruction started while she took role.
2. What rules, routines, and procedures did you observe in the classroom? Students were required to be recognized by the teacher before asking a question. She also used “Give me 5”when needing …show more content…
She redirected them to get them back on task however it did not last long with a couple of students. They did not seem to have a concern for consequences.
#2 School______BLE_________________________ Date/Time_____9:00 12/7/12________________________
1. How did the teacher initiate instruction? Was it effective? The teacher had a bell assignment on the board. Yes, this was effective.
2. What rules, routines, and procedures did you observe in the classroom? Students sat down and completed bell work, turned it in, immediately started reading their story. They had preassigned partners for group work which worked well. She used random sampling by using a program on the smartboard.
3. Describe 2 strategies that you may want to use in your own classroom. I’d love to have the random sampling app she used on the smartboard but I do not currently have that technology in my classroom. I also liked that they had preassigned partners.
4. Describe 2 things about this observation that you might do differently.
I would go over the bell work with them instead of taking it up immediately. She did not use an exit assignment. I would have some sort of assessment at the end of the class period.
5. Did this teacher use a school wide system of discipline? If so what was it?
There is not a school wide policy for