Essay on Andragogy vs. Pedagogy
1. Learners need to know- Why am I learning this? What is it that I am learning? How will it help me? How is it important? In summary, if I need it, then I will learn it.
2. Self-concept of the learner- Adult learners are naturally self- directed which means they will take ownership of what and how to learn and how to manage their time and learning.
3. Prior Experience- Adults have a lot of previous experiments which may help them understand situations better, or it …show more content…
2. Experience of the Learner- The child comes to the learning environment with little experience and is reliant upon the experience of the instructor.
3. Readiness to Learn- Students are told what to learn in order to advance to the next level.
4. Orientation to Learning- Learning is a process of acquiring prescribed subject matter. Content units are sequenced according to the logic of the subject matter.
5. Motivation for Learning- Primarily motivated by external pressure, competition for grades and external failure. (Whitmeyer) This model suggests that learning for children is extrinsic. It seems to suggest that the only reason they go to school is because they are made to go and will only learn what the teacher teaches. According to the model, the child is unable, or not allowed to